Enotria is the UK’s number one specialist wine wholesaler and distributor. Renowned for being the leading Italian wine specialist, our portfolio has developed and grown to span both the old and new world, representing a number of the world’s great wine estates. With an annual turnover in excess of £100m, we sell to a diverse customer base in both the on and off trade sectors. Progressive and ambitious, we are firmly committed to ensuring that our customers come first in all we do.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Wine Trainer. Based from our offices in Park Royal, West London you will be responsible for supporting the efforts of the on-trade sales team by managing and coordinating the provision of external training to customers and carrying out all forms of wine training for customers and assist with presentations to potential and existing customers. The position requires close liaison with the sales teams, customers, buyers and suppliers.
- Organise and run all forms of external staff training for customers:
- Organise and teach Level 1 Award in Wine and Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits courses at Enotria Head Office and satellite sites to both employees and customers
- Carry out all related administration tasks such as completing booking forms, ordering and distributing study materials and issuing certificates
Bespoke and ‘Serving Wine with Confidence’ (Enotria written courses)
- Liaise with Account Manager or customer to define the location, time, type of training and numbers attending
- Carry out all related administration tasks such as arranging location, date, travel, preparing and distributing study materials and ordering wine
- Feedback to Account Manager and discuss follow up training support/recommendation
- Work with the Sales Director and Marketing Manager to review and develop the current training courses offered to customers and, if needed, look to develop new courses.
- Promote Enotria’s training using Twitter and other forms of internal and external PR.
- Participate in the regular Quality Control Sessions.
- Attend internal tastings and educational sessions in order to keep wine and portfolio knowledge up to date and at required level.
- Provide support when able and where necessary at trade fairs and tasting events.
Candidates will be educated to degree level, have training/teaching experience, achieved their WSET Advanced certificate and have people management experience. Candidates will also have experience of working in either a bar, restaurant or pub. A WSET Diploma or WSET Educator certificate is preferable.
A strong team player, with exceptional verbal and written communication skills, you will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong organisational skills
- Confident and engaging teaching style
- Strong wine knowledge
- Excellent communication and presentational skills
- Ability to identify and adapt to different training needs/levels
- Readiness to travel around the UK and work flexible hours
- Attention to detail
- Fluency in French, Italian or Spanish is desirable but not required
- Ability to use Adobe Creative suite: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is desirable but not required
If you wish to apply for this role please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 9th December 2013.