Digital and Events Manager
Job Title: Digital & Events Manager
Reporting to: Head of Marketing
Location: Head office, Park Royal
The position of Digital & Events Executive holds overall responsibility for Enotria’s online presence via the website and social media channels. The role involves researching, writing and proofing all text and other media published on the Enotria website – ensuring that the information is dynamic, timely, interesting and engaging. In this role we must insist on excellent standards of spelling, punctuation and grammar. You need an organised approach and creativity, you will need to be able to think of interesting ways to present news, views and information.
As well as being the gatekeeper of everything digital there is also responsibility for managing Events, both external and internal ranging from our annual tasting to organising our summer party! To support there is also an Events Executive that reports into this role but planning, organisation and follow up will be important.
The Digital & Events Executive will involve close liaison with all departments within the company, in particular the wider marketing team, the Buying team, the sales teams, Directors and Producers.
- Work closely with Head of Marketing on company tone of voice and act as brand guardian of company image.
- Develop new content and a relevant and engaging online presence.
- Research, write and present text in ways that appeal to the site’s target audience.
- Upload material on to the website, often using a content management system.
- Make sure site content is kept up to date.
- Write HTML campaigns to the customer database.
- Monitor online presence and competitive-set presence and seek new ways to gain positive exposure.
- Edit and proofread text produced by colleagues.
- Keep track of developments in web technology and good practice; for example website accessibility issues and user journey.
- In conjunction with the senior management team, assist in the initial assessment of the requirement and suitability of any given event, and in the production and communication of an Event Calendar on a rolling 12-month basis.
- Liaise with all concerned regarding potential venues and, if necessary, visit venues in order to assess suitability or aid organisation.
- Manage the production of all event collateral, organise the mail-out of invitations and provide the sales teams with a list of invitees.
- Collate responses to invitations and communicate regularly the list of acceptances and a list of invitees to be ‘chased’.
- Liaise with the Brand Management, Buying and Sales teams to choose the wines to be shown and ensure that any samples / new vintages are requested from the suppliers and received in good time.
- Keep everyone informed of all arrangements throughout the event organisation process, particularly the sales teams and the Directors.
- Ensure all aspects of the event are covered, including a timetable for set-up, table manning, breaking down and collection of unused wines and equipment.
- Communicate feedback from all Enotria events. This should include: number of attendees, number of press attending, quality of attendees, good/bad response to specific wines, quality of the catering supplied and the overall suitability of the venue.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring that internal events are organised and executed within budget and to plan.
- Maintain a high standard of performance in role in line with Company standards, objectives and targets.
- Maintain a high level of general wine knowledge.
- Ensure that all dealings with colleagues, suppliers and customers are conducted in a professional manner and that the highest standards of customer care are maintained.
- Control spending and ensure that all expenditure is for business purposes and in line with the Company Expenses policy.
- Train new and existing staff when required.
- Ensure effective and secure use of all Company equipment (telephones, computer equipment etc) in line with company policy.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and efficient, two-way communication with all colleagues throughout the Company.
- Comply with all Enotria’s policies and Health & Safety rules.
- Work such hours as may be reasonably required in order to fulfil the duties of the role.
- Acquire up-to-date knowledge of changes and developments in all areas affecting your work by attending appropriate training courses and studying necessary literature.
Skills & Capabilities
- Excellent research and writing skills, including the ability to write to a brief.
- The ability to pick out relevant points from detailed information.
- Clear, concise and engaging style of writing for the target audience.
- An excellent understanding of English grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Creative skills to find interesting ways to present information.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good organisational and team-working skills.
- An understanding of legal issues, such as copyright, privacy and website accessibility.
- The ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Internet knowledge and experience of online writing issues, such as house style and content structure.
- Experience in blog writing and social networking.
- HTML experience and basic HTML code preferable.
- A keen interest in lifestyle, food and drink.
Knowledge & Qualifications
Knowledge & Experience
- Copywriting and web experience
- Experience of organising and running events.
- Excellent wine knowledge
- A quick learner
- Works well in a team and independently
- Able to manage own workload
Qualifications and Training
- Educated to A-Level or equivalent
Knowledge & Experience
- Italian, French or Spanish speaking would be useful
- Experience in organising wine trade events
Qualifications and Training
- WSET Advanced Certificate or higher